Sunday, May 04, 2008

Boasting About Tomorrow

"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, send a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that..."

I've been reminded of this scripture from the book of James lately. Things just aren't going the way I planned them. And it's difficult for me to deal with at times. But in these times I'm thankful to remember that my life is but a mist, here today and gone tomorrow. I need to make today count. To do good today. To love God by following Jesus today and love my neighbors too.

So today, Jesus, let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven in my life and through my life.

No comments: