Monday, January 11, 2010

Racing for the Sake of Others

I do a lot of talking, theorizing, debating what is important in the world. Talking about a how a world like ours could be filled with love and peace. How people could become fully alive. I'm going to start talking less and doing more. A small part of this is what I'm calling Racing for the Sake of Others. It's a campaign to raise money for wells to be dug in communities around the world where there is no clean water. See, I love to race bikes but it's been all about me and the team for too long. I thought, surely i've got this gift and passion for more than just myself! So I'm taking pledges for each mile I ride this year starting with the next three months of training for the upcoming season. If you want to join the cause of making a real difference in the world and saving physical lives please join me by making a pledge or a straight donation. Check out my webpage at www.charitywater.org/Racingforothers. I'm aiming at 1000miles in the next three months but I'll post weekly mileage amounts on the site and facebook.
Please join me!

No comments: