Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Beginning!


Have I mentioned that New Years Eve/Day is my favorite holiday? That may seem weird compared to all the great holidays like Christmas or Easter or Presidents Day...yeah. But this holiday brings to mind the way I'm living compared to the way I want to live and the hope of a new beginning. I'm not talking simply about gaining more muscle or loosing a few pounds but more about deep longings of the heart. For instance, "Is my life making a real difference in the quality of this world?", "Am I really living in such a way that my life will have really counted for things that are eternal?", "Am I becoming the kind of person that naturally does the kinds of things Jesus did?". And I find myself asking questions of God like, "How did you work in my life this past year?" and giving thanks for it. And others, "What things do you still want to change in me?", "In what ways do you want me to trust in you more?", "What dreams do you have for my city that you want to include me in?". This one I love to dream about, "What do you have planned for my future and how do you want me to be intentional with my year so that I am prepared?". That one keeps me going these days. I can see what may be coming in the future where I am able to serve God in my "sweet spot" where I am most gifted and affective alongside my bride and deep spirited friends. That helps me to be intentional with my time and opportunities in the present. God is good.

Happy Reflecting,

ps. the pic is of my Uncle and I on our birthday in Oct. He's my Dad's twin so having the same DNA he is technically my Dad as well but going by the law and also by the birds and...um...the...you know...bees...well...um...yeah...

No comments: