Monday, July 31, 2006

after xterra thoughts

- it was the hardest competition I've ever done.
- i'm not as sore as I thought, at all.
- i'm going to train harder for the swim and run on this next tri.
- having a screaming wife and mom really help.
- i'm gonna try a new bike-to-run transition technique next time where you undo your shoes while on the bike and slip them off leaving them attached to the peddals.

It was a ton of fun. I wanted to quit on the first lap of the bike but pushed on. My body got used to the hurt and I continued on. It's funny. The fastest portions of the race were the end of the swim, the beginning of the 2nd lap of the bike leg and the end of the run. All of them were when the crowd was yelling, especially Jen. She's definately my biggest fan. But she would scream, "GO BEN!! GO!" and that just fired me up and I would hammer on the peddals.
God knows it's not just the case with sports but also with the journey we are on with Him. He says we should encourage eachother while it is still called "today". That means every day. My best man Matt just encouraged me on the phone. He didn't say anything profound but just in calling it showed me he cared and that I'm not alone in the world today. What a difference it would make in this journey if we made it a practice to encourage one another!

No comments: